We are excited to announce this year’s 2014 International Fly Fishing Fair Photo Contest . A new category this year is Conservation and will be in digital form. Ribbons and prizes will be awarded to the winners in each category and winners have an opportunity for a “cover shot” on the Flyfisher magazine. Attendees of the Fly Fishing Fair will have an opportunity to vote on all photos submitted, so don’t forget to vote for your favorite in the People’s Choice Award.
ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT ON A FLY AND RELEASED UNHARMED.
1. Native Fish of North America: Any cold, freshwater fish caught on a fly in their native waters. Examples include: Alaska rainbows, Northwest steelhead, Rocky Mountain cutthroat, Eastern brookies, etc. Label the photo with the fish species and the water from which it was caught.
2. Naturals and Their Imitations: Close up photography of insects, baitfish and their imitations, as in flies.
3. Fly Anglers in Their Element:People of all ages enjoying fly fishing. That includes: casting, rowing, landing fish, etc. Mood shots and action shots are welcome.
4. International Fly Fishing Experiences - Freshwater: The great waters of Canada, Iceland, Chile, NZ, etc. Trout, Atlantic salmon, grayling, peacock bass, etc.
5. International Fly Fishing Experiences - Saltwater: Sailfish, tarpon, bonefish, etc. in Belize, the Bahamas, Christmas Island, etc.
6. Youth: Limited to photographers age 16 and under. Photos can be of anything as long as the subject is fly fishing related.
7. Digital (NEW): Only digital entries will be accepted in this category. Entries must related to fly fishing.
Photo prints are required. Photos taken in 2013 and 2014 only, will be judged. No smaller than 8x10 and no larger than 11x14. Film and digital photos can be used but altered photos are not allowed. Photos must be mounted or matted but not framed. Each entry must be permanently labeled on the back with the following:
2. Name of Photographer
3. Address and phone number
4. Title of photo and location where shot
5. Date when photo was taken
Contestants must include a self-addressed mailer with sufficient postage for the return of their photo(s). Contestants attending the show may drop off entries in person, and they may be picked up after the Fair if they are not winners. Those without mailers or sufficient postage will become the property of the FFF. Utmost care is taken to return photos in condition received, but the FFF is not responsible for damage or loss in shipment.
Note: because of magazine listing and publishing it may take to the end of October 2014 to return winning photos. If you submit more than one photo and have a winning photo(s), all will be returned together with the winning photo(s) unless you pick them up the Fair.
RIBBONS AND PRIZES:
All winning photos will be kept by the FFF after the Fair. Winners will be announced in the Fall/Winter issue of the Flyfisher magazine. All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places will receive ribbons. The FFF will submit the first place winning photos to the Flyfisher magazine to be published. Second and third place winning photos will be listed by name and category only. First place winners will also receive a fly line, courtesy of Scientific Anglers.
(Depending on the number of submitted photos for a category, winning placement may only be 1st, or 1st and 2nd if there are not enough entries to judge for 1st-3rd places.)
FLYFISHER COVER SHOT:
The Editor of Flyfisher magazine may select one of the winning photos to be used on the cover of the magazine. Remember, the photo must be taken in the portrait, or vertical format in order to be used.
AWARD WINNING PHOTOS:
First place photos will be sent to Scientific Anglers to review for their advertising. Releases maybe required.
TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO:
Mail your photo to the FFF office or deliver in person to staff at the Fly Fishing Fair. Mailed photos must be received by Friday, August 1, 2014. Hand delivered entries must be received at the show registration desk by 10:00 am Tuesday, August 5, 2014. Email digital entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Aug 5, 2014 or deliver on disc or drive by 10:00 am Tuesday, August 5, 2014
FFF Photo Contest
Federation of Fly Fishers
5237 US Hwy 89 So., Ste. #11
Livingston, MT 59047-9176